Buying a home can be complicated, intimidating and exciting. Working with an experienced Chicago buyer’s agent ensures your best interests are protected, and that your home buying experience is a great one.
- I hope my website conveys the passion, dedication and expertise I have for Chicago and real estate. Visit debradobbs.com to explore Chicago’s culturally rich neighborhoods and to share in my many resources about buying or selling Chicago real estate.
- Please call me to discuss how I can help you navigate the Chicago real estate market. I am happy to share my knowledge and expertise and answer any questions you may have about the process to buy, sell, rent or invest in Chicago real estate.
- If you would like to chat via email please send a confidential note. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the Chicago real estate market and the process to buy, sell, rent or invest in real estate.
- Facebook is a fun way to connect and engage with friends, family and clients. Please ‘like’ my Facebook page; on it you will find timely articles, real estate market data, and fun stuff, like where to find the best Margarita in Chicago.
- Twitter is a quick way to engage with people on a wide variety of topics. Start following my twitter feed at @debradobbs; I promise the tweets are brief and interesting!
- Pinning pictures onto boards is like writing a journal with photographs. Follow my Pinterest boards to read the story of “My Favorite Things’ and I hope you will share your story with me.
- To find out what makes me your #1 resource for all things real estate please connect with me on LinkedIn; for my credentials, recommendations and the many resources I have to share with my clients.
- Whether you’re a first-time home buyer; an empty nester, or looking to upgrade from your current home, Debra can help give you peace of mind throughout the buying process!
- Thinking of buying or selling a house or condo in Lincoln Park? A 30 year real estate veteran and member of the top 1% of realtors in Chicago, I have lived in the heart of Lincoln Park since early 2000.
548 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- More Information
1. It’s a time saver Hours of market research, neighborhood scouting, and coordinating showings can be a full time job in itself while you’re on the hunt for a new home. By letting an agent take these tasks off your hands, it saves a significant amount of the buyer’s time, and even better, cuts down on the amount of stress for the buyer. 2. It’s free. Did you know that working with a buyer’s agent is completely free? This comes as a shock to many, especially with first time home buyers! A fun fact: it’s actually the seller who pays the buyer’s agent’s commission, not the buyer! That’s right, that professional guidance won’t cost you a penny. 3. Built in network It takes a village to buy a house: you’re going to need lenders, home inspectors, surveyors, legal help, the list goes on. Without an agent, you’ll have to research and find these professionals from scratch, but your buyer’s agent will have them on speed dial. She knows the best in Chicago, and will ensure everyone on your team has your best interest in mind. 4. Insider expertise and market knowledge Your market knowledge likely won’t compare to that of a buyer’s agent, no matter how much time you spend googling on the internet. A buyer’s agent lives and breathes the Chicago real estate market, has access to Comparable Market Analysis (CMA), and the expertise that is key to finding your perfect home, at the perfect price. 5. Negotiation Buying a home is without a doubt, one of the largest purchases you’ll make in your lifetime. Don’t go through the process without an agent, AKA, a professional negotiator, who has a deep understanding of the process, contractual knowledge and disclosures. Buyers can find themselves in hot water due to issues like fraud, and failure to disclose, which can be avoided by working with a local Chicago agent who knows what she’s doing, and ensures your interests as a buyer are protected.